發表人 內容
 文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 24 10月 08 08:23:22 
資深討論區會員

註冊時間: 週三 04 1月 06 22:55:14
文章: 3990
FR 寫:
G2 Lover 寫:

Also FF is FF, a 1.6x really SUCKS! (in matter of handy 1.6x maybe good but not as handy as DCAM, Prosumer or 4/3.

ALSO the TELE is meaningless, cropping a ff always can produce the same picture as in 1.6x.

If someone taking RAW, I don't see the 50D can really outbeat 5D very much in terms of picture quality.

I guess you misunderstood digital and what it is then ... No, you cannot made the same image by cropping. the 50D give you a 15MP densely packed data. Cropping even from a 21MP 1Ds-III would give you far less, an a 5D would give you even less. Thus while you can get the coverage, you cannot get the data density and needed datum to work onto. It might not be a problem for some who all but just view their image on screen or just web post / email. But if one need the image to print in any decent size, that is something that the lack of data simply would not be sufficient.

Shooting RAW or not shooting RAW do not take away this fact. And a 50D RAW are having better data than a 5D pixel per pixel and inherently also better pixel ( noise to signal ratio , Saturation Signal level ). FF do not mean the data is automatically better, and especially not after the fact that 5D is 3 years old when 50D is current. Signaling and the technology involved had advanced quite a lot since then.

One had to also consider how those old lens perform on a FF vs on an APS-C sensor. I shoot FF since way back, and even with then old 1Ds MK-I ( only 11 MP and very big pixel ) which is very tolerant on lens as far as FF goes. The C/Y lens ( almost all of them ) had shown some form of discripency as discerned from the capture. It simply reflect the way these old lens are designed and how that are not quite digital friendly. Where a cropped capture, of course need not worrying too much about that

And as far as camera as status and how people look at it ... to be fair, many other so call classic camera are even far worse, and no one camera is good investment. If one is so entrenched in that aspect, they should not take a better view about the hobby and equipment. Camera and lens are investment for the hobby, not for their financial return. And if one is so hype about how others look at you if you are not using the latest and greatest, then its what I consider a ego problem, not the camera's , but the photographers'.

Ha Ha, FR 大大,Somewhat confuse me a bit.

Way back many months ago FR 大大said to me even very old digital camera (dslr) can outbeat film cameras (Maybe I get the message wrong). I agree in someway that getting upgrade to DSLR very fast is not necessary.......more of EGO, YES.

Of course I know dynamic range and BIT No. and all............this are simple stuff to understand.

I am speaking for BY AND LARGE and in general.

If old 5D taking FF in RAW format I cannot see much diff. to 50D's JPEG direct. At least to me old 5D is quite a decent camera.

Also how many ppl care to print out? 10 out of 9 just email, online album etc...........including me. For that purpose, I suppose an old 5D will give you better chance in the wide angle end which 50D sure cannot provide. Keeping HD video aside, I still think old 5D give a better solution.

Key for digital photography is still post-processing.

But in terms of FF, 1.6x can never do the same. C/Y on 1.6x is kind of waste for its great wide angle lens. For the tele side coverage for FF is same as 1.6x when crop (this is fact).

In the past a film camear's life cycle can span over 10 yrs or so at least.

EGO is an issue, but I feel good using Contax film cameras. Just that any digital product is too fast and they are becoming fashion and like mobile phone........which is a way I don't like.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 24 10月 08 18:04:54 
討論區管理員

註冊時間: 週四 27 11月 03 02:15:48
文章: 3194
來自: Moon Base Alpha
Well let's get this one by one ....

When I say even dated DSLR outdo a film today, its based on how the whole hobby work as a market goes. Todays D&P service are all oriented to a digital output. And consider most, that made the film less so enticing. That is correct. And one had to ask what one really are shooting for. Specifically before one can absolutely judge if certain media is a better tool. As I always say there is no absolute always better choice. Like I keep repeating, specify the need and the goal, then we can compare.

Now RAW or not RAW, between the 50D and 5D. Say with a 50mm for portrait. One can take the 50D and get a 15MP RAW. The same lens on a 5D give you 12MP, but when you crop it so it covers the same as the 50D, you get less than 5MP. It's simple math that to use those data for any decent sized print. the less than 5MP from a 5D crop simply won;t work. Wide angle coverage or tele reach, is a case of which is needed as I put it. Some always shoot Wide, and that mean FF might be better as a utilization goes. Some prefer tele, and the cropped sensor simply work better in those case. Post Processing between the 50D and 5D is irrelevant since they are both Canon and thus meaning the same software tools can probably apply.

Do read me right, I never say the 5D is not good enough, but over all, it made very little sense to invest in the 5D today vs a new 50D. The wide angle coverage is only but one reason and its not overriding vs the other criteria. All concerned, the 50D still a better one overall. And if the notion is not to print and only for screen and email, then both of them are too much overkill, why not just get a decent long zoom DC. The judgement of that 5D will do just as well as so put is not entirely correct since RAW is compared to JPEG, and only the need for email / Monitor display is considered. How do we know the OP do not need to print !!

And sorry, NO, Post Processing do not take away the importance of the capturing side. No software magic can create something out of nothing. You still need a quality capture before you can had a decent image through the post processing.

Again let me reiterate. No one system is perfect and always better. One is to look at all aspect for the setup and compare. My judgement between the 5D vs the 50D is that other than the FF ( Wide angle coverage in single shoot ) there is no obvious advantage for the 5D to hold over the 50D, and in fact the 50D hold more over the 5D. So the 50D would be my choice for the setup.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 25 10月 08 00:04:46 
討論區會員

註冊時間: 週二 26 8月 08 00:02:50
文章: 54
來自: H.K.
C Hing any answer?

I would also want to know if C/Y lens on 50D will the mirror hit the back of the lens?

Also any problems on focusing?

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 25 10月 08 00:41:28 
資深討論區會員

coolman 寫:
C Hing any answer?

I would also want to know if C/Y lens on 50D will the mirror hit the back of the lens?

In general, I will say 90% of C/Y on 1.6x canon body got no problem for the mirror issue. Some special wide angle need more careful such as the 21mm 15mm and 16mm fisheye.

As long as the lens got a very long back elements, you should mount the lens on body SLOWLY SLOWLY.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 25 10月 08 00:43:56 
資深討論區會員

FR 寫:
Well let's get this one by one ....

When I say even dated DSLR outdo a film today, its based on how the whole hobby work as a market goes. Todays D&P service are all oriented to a digital output. And consider most, that made the film less so enticing. That is correct. And one had to ask what one really are shooting for. Specifically before one can absolutely judge if certain media is a better tool. As I always say there is no absolute always better choice. Like I keep repeating, specify the need and the goal, then we can compare.

Now RAW or not RAW, between the 50D and 5D. Say with a 50mm for portrait. One can take the 50D and get a 15MP RAW. The same lens on a 5D give you 12MP, but when you crop it so it covers the same as the 50D, you get less than 5MP. It's simple math that to use those data for any decent sized print. the less than 5MP from a 5D crop simply won;t work. Wide angle coverage or tele reach, is a case of which is needed as I put it. Some always shoot Wide, and that mean FF might be better as a utilization goes. Some prefer tele, and the cropped sensor simply work better in those case. Post Processing between the 50D and 5D is irrelevant since they are both Canon and thus meaning the same software tools can probably apply.

Do read me right, I never say the 5D is not good enough, but over all, it made very little sense to invest in the 5D today vs a new 50D. The wide angle coverage is only but one reason and its not overriding vs the other criteria. All concerned, the 50D still a better one overall. And if the notion is not to print and only for screen and email, then both of them are too much overkill, why not just get a decent long zoom DC. The judgement of that 5D will do just as well as so put is not entirely correct since RAW is compared to JPEG, and only the need for email / Monitor display is considered. How do we know the OP do not need to print !!

And sorry, NO, Post Processing do not take away the importance of the capturing side. No software magic can create something out of nothing. You still need a quality capture before you can had a decent image through the post processing.

Again let me reiterate. No one system is perfect and always better. One is to look at all aspect for the setup and compare. My judgement between the 5D vs the 50D is that other than the FF ( Wide angle coverage in single shoot ) there is no obvious advantage for the 5D to hold over the 50D, and in fact the 50D hold more over the 5D. So the 50D would be my choice for the setup.

FR大大又塞錢入我個袋! :D

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 25 10月 08 10:59:02 
資深討論區會員

註冊時間: 週六 24 12月 05 01:20:48
文章: 2994
來自: 北海道
G2 Lover 寫:

你講到好似 FR 去左睇你跳舞咁~ ^o^

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 25 10月 08 14:37:00 
討論區會員

註冊時間: 週日 28 11月 04 23:49:48
文章: 171
來自: 檳城
G2 Lover 寫:
coolman 寫:
C Hing any answer?

In general, I will say 90% of C/Y on 1.6x canon body got no problem for the mirror issue. Some special wide angle need more careful such as the 21mm 15mm and 16mm fisheye.

As long as the lens got a very long back elements, you should mount the lens on body SLOWLY SLOWLY.

Some say even with the Distagon 35mm/f1.4 and Makro Planar 100mm also need to watch out.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週日 26 10月 08 00:47:21 
資深討論區會員

lofan0 寫:
G2 Lover 寫:

你講到好似 FR 去左睇你跳舞咁~ ^o^

你真風趣幽默,好在我唔著T-back的! :D

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週日 26 10月 08 10:33:50 
CONTAX CLUB 會員
CONTAX CLUB 會員

註冊時間: 週五 06 8月 04 02:36:46
文章: 5314
來自: 那星
Eng Hun 寫:
G2 Lover 寫:
coolman 寫:
C Hing any answer?

Some say even with the Distagon 35mm/f1.4 and Makro Planar 100mm also need to watch out.

I did not encounter any problem with my D21 and D35 on my Canon 40D. Perhaps I should try the Makro Planar 100mm later. 8)

圖檔

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週日 26 10月 08 14:46:49 
討論區會員

註冊時間: 週日 28 11月 04 23:49:48
文章: 171
來自: 檳城
yualbert 寫:
Eng Hun 寫:
G2 Lover 寫:
coolman 寫:
C Hing any answer?

I did not encounter any problem with my D21 and D35 on my Canon 40D. Perhaps I should try the Makro Planar 100mm later. 8)
I am worried about trying them on the EOS1... :(

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週日 26 10月 08 18:15:51 
討論區會員

註冊時間: 週二 26 8月 08 00:02:50
文章: 54
來自: H.K.
any one try them on 50D ?

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週一 03 11月 08 17:37:21 
討論區新手

註冊時間: 週日 13 11月 05 18:24:44
文章: 23
來自: Hong Kong
How About APS-H 1.3x? 1DIIn or 1DIII can be good choices so you dont have to worry about soft corners and yet get good pictures without hurting your camera or lenses...

Any problem with 1D bodies? I tried C/Y lenses on the older 1Ds body with MIC adaptor, the focus confirmation simply didn't work, any idea/suggestions?

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週二 11 11月 08 09:34:15 
討論區新手

註冊時間: 週一 31 3月 08 23:13:09
文章: 38
我想問下如果我cut左鏡的話係咪二可以所有contax鏡都用得架
我而家有
85/1.4
50/1.4
100/2
同係vf到睇係咪會無分別呢?~
定係會睇少左呢
我果部係啱啱買的
謝謝大大們

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週四 13 11月 08 10:12:47 
CONTAX CLUB 會員
CONTAX CLUB 會員

註冊時間: 週日 25 2月 07 02:55:26
文章: 490
coolman 寫:

i use EOS 40D in before, the most easyway is add a CY->EF mount adaptor for use Contax lens without problems. (if you donot want to modify the lens)
if you want to modify the lens, i am sorry tha t i have not this information... :oops:

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週二 18 11月 08 07:10:58 
討論區新手

註冊時間: 週一 31 3月 08 23:13:09
文章: 38
想問下cut左鏡之後會唔會個vf睇少左野架?~
如果唔會我又cut下佢喇
希望有大大答到啦
謝謝

回頂端