現在的時間是 週五 29 3月 24 05:58:28

所有顯示的時間為 UTC + 8 小時

發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 5 篇文章 ] 
發表人 內容
文章發表於 : 週五 24 7月 09 22:25:12 
討論區會員

註冊時間: 週二 15 6月 04 22:46:47
文章: 419
This is to share my first hand impression on this lens but not intended to be a lens test report.

Ergonomics
Balance: I'm a handheld shooter. That's why the balance of the system (ie camera body, film back and lens) is important. This lens is 1.1kg but my system is 1.25kg so the balance is still quite good.

Focusing: I use this as an FE lens. The shutter ring is permanently set to F mode. To me, there are only two rings, ie the aperture ring and the focusing ring. The focusing ring is designed for easy grasping. Its width has been maximised. I find it quite enjoyable to use, given the fact that FE lenses generally leave the full barrel width for focusing. One thing is deceptive though. The focusing ring is actually one composite ring, although it gives the appearance there are two rings. The movement of the focusing ring is as silky as usual. Quite surprisingly, it isn't heavy at all. I would guess the movement is like the operation of the Contax Distagon 35/1.4, or even lighter. 90% of the focusing range is dedicated to subject distance from 0.50m to 2.0m. This is quite useful to me as I use it mainly for candid family shots.

Technical performance
Contrast: This lens produces extremely contrasty photos, as evidenced by the MTF graphs. The day I had a few shots was an extremely contrasty dusk. At around 1830 to 1930, the photos are inevitably contrasty. I had also taken a few shots indoor which coincide my comment above.

Colour rendition: I rarely if ever shoot slides. The colour of scanned images below is different from that on my prints. The brightness is pulled up a bit by the shop so it doesn't look as solid as my prints. Having regard to the limited value of my view in this respect, I would still say this lens give somewhat vivid colours. My feeling is that it gives more vivid colour than my FE110 (last generation).

Resolution: To a handheld shooter, resolution is practically not the most important. My photos give no indication of the resolving power of this lens. Nor does the technical data sheet provided by Carl Zeiss give such indication.

Relative illuminance (optical vigetting): The data sheet shows this aspect has been improved over the previous versions. In practice, I find no perceptible loss of illuminance at the corners even from indoor shots.

Distortion: I'm not talking about perspective distortion. It is said that this version has more pronounced distortion. Looking at the technical sheet, this is true. However, in the field I cannot perceive any distortion, let alone worsened distortion performance. I am not the kindof people who would look at pictures by a ruler.

Flare: Pictures Nos. 2 and 5 were taken at tricky angles. The flare at No 5 to me is quite prominent. This shows the improved internal coating of CFi and CFE lenses is not panacea for flare. I finding it extraordinary that Carl Zeiss does not provide a square hood in this package for more effective elimination of flare, having regard to the price tag of this lens. I always love Leica's way of dealing with hoods in this regard. A remedy is to use the compendium hood 6093T but such alternative is not open to handheld shooter.

Filter: No filter was used in the photos below. The main reason is that I haven't got one and it's reasonably difficult to get a reasonably priced one. There are a number of very expensive Hasselblad lenses which use Series 93 filter but, again, quite extraordinarily, a multi-coated UV filter is not generally available. Hasselblad catalogue does not have one. Nor does B + W do. Heliopan has one in their catalogue but dealers in Hong Kong are reluctant to order them. I do not find it from overseas dealers like B & H either. The result is that users of this expensive lens have to live with a UV filter without multi-coating.

Here are some sample photos taken handheld by Kodak VC400.
圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 24 7月 09 22:55:31 
事務局長
事務局長

註冊時間: 週日 09 11月 03 03:42:29
文章: 12296
This is a very great report!!

Thanks man!

Damn, my Calon Segur heart fall in love with Haut Brion

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 24 7月 09 23:21:01 
理事
理事

註冊時間: 週六 08 11月 03 07:56:21
文章: 5762
The power of Apo-Distagon! :twisted:

www.flickr.com/dicksonlau

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 : High Contrast lens
文章發表於 : 週一 27 7月 09 13:33:37 
討論區會員

註冊時間: 週日 13 11月 05 20:56:24
文章: 86
I had one but gave it up. I did not like the high contrast but the sharpness was very impressive. I will likely look for a CFE FLE 40 when I have some money.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週四 30 7月 09 14:34:32 
討論區會員

註冊時間: 週二 15 6月 04 22:46:47
文章: 419
wah 寫:
The power of Apo-Distagon! :twisted:

wah, you should buy it now when it's still affordable.

i got it brand new and it's cheaper than any offer of used equivalent i can see. there are still a few around in the shop.

mine is from the latest batch some of which were offered together with 503CW and CFV-II as a package. there is rumour that hasselblad orders no more of this lens from carl zeiss. there is every reason to believe stock of v-lenses generally in hasselblad won't be consumed in the foreseeable many years and thus for all practical purposes the production of all v-lenses has been stopped.

the same applies to other legendary lenses which had this fate earlier. a few years ago 250sa cfe was about 30k. people said that was crazy. now it's at least 40k or even 50-60k and it's rarely seen in the market.

回頂端
 個人資料  

顯示文章 :  排序  
發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 5 篇文章 ] 

所有顯示的時間為 UTC + 8 小時

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 9 位訪客

不能 在這個版面發表主題
不能 在這個版面回覆主題
不能 在這個版面編輯您的文章
不能 在這個版面刪除您的文章

搜尋: