發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 24 篇文章 ]  前往頁數 上一頁  12
發表人 內容
 文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週二 19 7月 05 14:20:10 
討論區管理員

註冊時間: 週四 27 11月 03 02:15:48
文章: 3194
來自: Moon Base Alpha
I have different approach to the issue. FOA I tend to think of all the slide, B&W or Neg I do are just a capture, a raw material. I might end up using it for print or digital darkrooming or combination of numerous way one can do with an image. If I need only a pure record of the image , I would stay within the reasonable limit of 645 or 35mm.

To use a larger format is about getting more data per scene and that data is in turn usable in all the post processing that I might care to do ( wet darkroom, cropping, scanning and printing and what ... )

IMHO I never consider the 4X5 / 5X7 a large format. Might be that's because I had experience with the big beasts and are likely to plan to go further. I tend to think of Large format as 8X10 and beyond. All the 4X5 & 5X7 to me is technical camera that you use when you need the larger format, more leeway to crop and the technical movements. Large format is about preserving the most detail by contact printing.

Personally, I think if one can live with a tripod, and work in a delibrate and intended fashion. A technical field camera is the way to go beyond 645/6X6, especially in the way Tron like it, direct viewing of slide. A 4X5 is 100X125mm and that's more than 3X area of a 6X7 slide.

最後由 FR 於 週三 20 7月 05 13:30:15 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週二 19 7月 05 23:45:39 
資深討論區會員

註冊時間: 週三 16 2月 05 01:25:10
文章: 500
來自: matrix
FR,

Thanks. Is there any written works (online or books, etc) you can recommend so that I can know more about the operations of large format. I know nothing about it and so it is difficult to find out whether it is something I am interested.

What scares me is all large format needs you to make a guesswork on focusing ? Last time when I asked about the Horseman here, fellow members told me you would not be able to even remotely master it until you wasted a thousand or so rolls of films (120). Is this true ?

I always find tgaking pictures slowly with a tripod is an enjoyment. I did that a few nights ago with a friend, carrying a tripod and an XPAN, climbing up the hills to have a good look at the Container Terminal. As a result, we spent the whole night but only took a couple of pictures. But it's worth it.

Not that I dislike snapping with a portable camera.

I love Contax, I love people who love Contax and I love people who love Contax and use them to take great pictures.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週三 20 7月 05 22:21:18 
討論區管理員

:roll: :roll: :roll: I kind of find those comment about the focusing a matter of user unwilling to adopt different approach, how hard can it be to focus on a ground glass. Its a groundglass, just like your focusing screen on your 35mm or 645/6X6. Ok admittingly its reversed and dimmer, but then its also much larger and you are looking at the actual image that are to be recorded. We compose and focus on our subject, check the background, check the frame, check the DOF. That is just the same in a technical camera / 612 or 4X5 or what. If one can focus on a 35mm SLR or so, one can focus on a technical camera, just that the steps taken require different approach to the control ( so you twist the lens on your 35mm, but you need to adjust the bellow draw on a 4X5, youj check DOF using stop down button, but simply stop down the lens aperture lever on a field camera ... :idea: :idea: ) - I think most user had this notion simply because they failed to adopt a stance that using different system require different technique and different approach ( and frequently they do not learn the pitfall befor even trying one ). In fact if I were to be for real wanting real Panorama. I would look no further than getting a true 4X10 ( in case you wonder, this is the starting size for large format Panorama, others are 7X17, 8X20 )

goto your area public librarfy and enter into the computer catalog "Large Format" and you will see plenty of books on this subjects like the usual "Large Format Basics" & "Large Format Techniques" and some others.

And No, it did not take thousands of roll to get to focus properly with a 612, unless you only always guesstimate I suppose. Well I teach Clifford how to properly get the 120 back to work on his Linhof on the first try anyway. Its just a matter of learnign the basics and doing it one step at a time

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週三 20 7月 05 23:19:17 
會計
會計

註冊時間: 週日 09 11月 03 00:26:48
文章: 6252
來自: Hong Kong
:P

If I can have a car then technical/large format camera will bring me great fun. :lol:

圖檔

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週四 21 7月 05 02:28:21 
CONTAX CLUB 會員
CONTAX CLUB 會員

註冊時間: 週六 08 11月 03 01:36:09
文章: 8818
Clifford 寫:
:P

If I can have a car then technical/large format camera will bring me great fun. :lol:

對對對,有架車先好玩。 8) 8) 8)

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週四 21 7月 05 14:58:32 
討論區新手

註冊時間: 週三 08 6月 05 17:57:15
文章: 19
章魚大大,負片寬容度較slide大,而且打相果位人兄好多時會按自己喜好推光或推暗曝光失誤既照片,咁樣會唔會睇唔到拍攝失誤呢?點樣先可以最真實咁樣表現出拍攝原片效果呢? :?

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 22 7月 05 00:08:33 
CONTAX CLUB 會員
CONTAX CLUB 會員

註冊時間: 週六 08 11月 03 01:36:09
文章: 8818
同打相師傅熟 D 唯有。

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週日 24 7月 05 19:53:22 
討論區管理員

distagon 寫:
.....點樣先可以最真實咁樣表現出拍攝原片效果呢? :?

That's why larger Medium rank kings, cause you should know about " Contatc Print " :wink: :wink:

BTW, TRON, just in the librabrry today, the Book's name are

View Camera Techniques
View Camera Basics

There weere also a few similar ones but are more darkroom related ...

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週一 25 7月 05 01:20:37 
資深討論區會員

註冊時間: 週三 16 2月 05 01:25:10
文章: 500
來自: matrix
Franka,

Thanks. Will check my nearby library or buy it from Amazon.

I love Contax, I love people who love Contax and I love people who love Contax and use them to take great pictures.

回頂端
 個人資料  

顯示文章 :  排序  
發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 24 篇文章 ]  前往頁數 上一頁  12

所有顯示的時間為 UTC + 8 小時

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 16 位訪客

不能 在這個版面發表主題
不能 在這個版面回覆主題
不能 在這個版面編輯您的文章
不能 在這個版面刪除您的文章

搜尋: