現在的時間是 週六 27 4月 24 18:26:35

所有顯示的時間為 UTC + 8 小時

發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 16 篇文章 ]  前往頁數 12  下一頁
發表人 內容
文章發表於 : 週五 07 10月 05 22:23:06 
討論區會員

註冊時間: 週二 15 6月 04 22:46:47
文章: 419
Hi, I heard that it is possible to modify Canon New F-1 and T90 so that they can use Contarex lenses with their aperture adjustable by the Canon body. I have the following questions:

1. Is it possible to do the same modifications to all Fd mount Canon bodies?

2. What is the service fee of such modification?

3. Can you provide general comment on the reliability and feasibility of such modification?

4. Should I do manual stop-down metering on the Canon body after such modification?

Thanks expert here. Grateful for your help.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 07 10月 05 22:38:52 
事務局長
事務局長

註冊時間: 週日 09 11月 03 03:42:29
文章: 12296
I think yes...but calling ar wah..please answer the question!

Damn, my Calon Segur heart fall in love with Haut Brion

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 07 10月 05 23:42:38 
理事
理事

註冊時間: 週六 08 11月 03 07:56:21
文章: 5762
Certainly I am not the real expert here (Calling Franka :wink: ), but let see how far I can go with my limited knowledge......

1. Should be "Yes". The most popular bodies are AE-1 Program, New F-1 and T-90

2. You may contact Mount Yip which I suppose around $1600

3. The level of reliability for the vintage Canon FD bodies should not be bad.........but the smoothness on the operation would depends very much on the craftmanship for the aperture ring to be implemented on the Canon FD bodies (Contarex lenses mostly do not have a aperture ring with it except with several lenses like 21/4.5, 115/3.5, early version 250/4....etc)

4. You certainly do not need to stop down as there will be no aperture coupling at all! The steps should be focusing, then stop down the aperture with the newly modified aperture ring on the body, and with AE mode you are ready to shoot! As long as the metering is TTL I suppose the shutter speed by AE should be accurate..........but it would always be a good idea to have your own "calibration" with a handheld meter.

Hope this help...... :o

www.flickr.com/dicksonlau

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 08 10月 05 00:35:08 
討論區會員

thanks so much, wah.

i think i understand what the modifications are about.

basically, it is just like the situation of using Contax lens on Canon EOS. The master will make an adaptor to be attached (permanently?) on the Canon FD body and that adaptor is capable of controlling the aperture of the Contarex lenses.

Do experts here recommend pursuing the Canon surrogate or the Original Contarex bodies, having taken into account all factors (eg price, durability, reliability, or even appearance, subjective feeling, ...etc)?

At this stage, I prefer the Canon option because of price difference (if i pursue a cheap T70?), reliability of the body(?), ease of maintenance and availability of parts.

I hope experts here can offer me advice and prove that I am wrong if necessary.

Thanks much again.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 08 10月 05 10:17:21 
討論區管理員

註冊時間: 週四 27 11月 03 02:15:48
文章: 3194
來自: Moon Base Alpha
Personally for both shooting fun and collection value. I strongly advice going for a proper Contarex Body. Modified FD mount body require a doner mount from another Contarex body and by the time and effort spent. It no longer worth the extra effort to go with one.

One thing to consider when using vintage body which I find people keep having problem is they tried to use their old lens and camera like their modern day counterpart which is of course un suited. One just have to learn to treat them tenderly, pace it slow, and respect their age.

AFAIK, the Contarex Super , when properly Calibrated and maintained will suffice the best usage package with build in metering and reasonable weighted.

The Contarex Special and Contarex Professional is the ultimate Mechnical baston but for purist ( no Meter ) and both collectable by their own right. Both are pricy but worth the extras

The Bullseye ( Original Contarex ) is probably the least desirable because of its overcomplex metering coupling and not so reliable meter ( now ) but also among the cheapest to get and when the mechanics work. its a great camera, Just too much weight and lousy focusing screen

The Contarex Electronic is last of the line and IMHO Collectable only as its 1st generation electromechanical shutter is prone to problem ...

And finally the Contarex Hologon .... If I should be honest ... I shall say if you can afford one, go buy a new Contax G2 + 16 Hologon instead !!

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週一 10 10月 05 21:51:26 
討論區會員

thanks wah and FR again for your advice.

i had the opportunity to taste the operation of a bullseye which was smooth and easy.

however, my worry is still that i don't know whether it will breaks down for some reasons after a few rolls or even a few frames.

maybe i have to consider this system later when i have the means to pay the maintenance fee overseas in addition to the costs of the equipment themselves.

thanks again.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週一 10 10月 05 22:01:05 
事務局長
事務局長

him 寫:
thanks wah and FR again for your advice.

i had the opportunity to taste the operation of a bullseye which was smooth and easy.

however, my worry is still that i don't know whether it will breaks down for some reasons after a few rolls or even a few frames.

maybe i have to consider this system later when i have the means to pay the maintenance fee overseas in addition to the costs of the equipment themselves.

thanks again.

Just IMHO, if you are living in HK, I think you shouldn't worry about maintenance within this few year as there is some excellent Master in HK for repairing this great camera!

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週一 10 10月 05 23:49:20 
討論區會員

thanks vincent. (forgot last time) actually, it is your red flower and green leaf pictures that intoxicate me.

could you advise me those masters and possible costs of maintenance (by means of PM if you think it is more appropriate)?

i know you have contarex so maybe you may have some hints on it.

i only know uncle tat. he is excellent but still i am afraid, not his skills, but availability of parts.

by the way, do experts here buy bodies and lenses from local dealers or from overseas through ebay? prices in ebay is attractive, excluding premium paid for the risk factor.

thanks much.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週二 11 10月 05 00:37:25 
事務局長
事務局長

him 寫:
thanks vincent. (forgot last time) actually, it is your red flower and green leaf pictures that intoxicate me.

could you advise me those masters and possible costs of maintenance (by means of PM if you think it is more appropriate)?

i know you have contarex so maybe you may have some hints on it.

i only know uncle tat. he is excellent but still i am afraid, not his skills, but availability of parts.

by the way, do experts here buy bodies and lenses from local dealers or from overseas through ebay? prices in ebay is attractive, excluding premium paid for the risk factor.

thanks much.

In general, the parts seem not a big problem. My bulleye shutter was replaced by Uncle Tat!

Btw, I think the best way to play contarex is from ebay as the current price in ebay is still attractive.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 14 10月 05 23:30:47 
會計
會計

註冊時間: 週日 09 11月 03 00:26:48
文章: 6252
來自: Hong Kong
買到機未?

圖檔

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 15 10月 05 00:56:56 
討論區會員

thanks vincent.
i checked prices in ebay and they are really attractive...

hi clifford.

i haven't taken any action yet.

however, having read the shutter calibration problem at http://www.zeisscamera.com/Contarex/Page4.html#shutterproblem , i think the idea of finding a surrogate as the first step of contarex is still sound if i were to use it like my contax (kyocera).

anyway, there is always the temptation to expand my contax system instead of delving into another.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週二 18 10月 05 23:58:16 

註冊時間: 週二 18 10月 05 23:37:11
文章: 3
引言回覆:
Can you provide general comment on the reliability and feasibility of such modification?

I have a new F-1 modified for Contarex lenses. The reliability is very good. The exposure is also very accurate as the new F-1 has a very good reputation for metering. A small disadvantage is that the aperture of the lens cannot be always adjustable if left for a few days without shooting. If this happens, the lens has to be removed and mounted on the camera again. One good thing about the modification is that the Canon body can be reversed back to the FD mount and the camera body is intact. Regarding shooting in the Contarex body, the style is more original and back to the basics. Maybe thats why some people prefer the vintage. In summary, the new F-1 provides a reliable and effcient shooting experience, the Contarex provides a 100% originality and nostalgic feeling. Last word, dont use F-1 for modification as the battery is not available, even you can find battery of the same size, the voltage is different, thus the metering is not accurate. Hope this help.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週三 19 10月 05 00:02:36 
事務局長
事務局長

lulube 寫:
引言回覆:
Can you provide general comment on the reliability and feasibility of such modification?

I have a new F-1 modified for Contarex lenses. The reliability is very good. The exposure is also very accurate as the new F-1 has a very good reputation for metering. A small disadvantage is that the aperture of the lens cannot be always adjustable if left for a few days without shooting. If this happens, the lens has to be removed and mounted on the camera again. One good thing about the modification is that the Canon body can be reversed back to the FD mount and the camera body is intact. Regarding shooting in the Contarex body, the style is more original and back to the basics. Maybe thats why some people prefer the vintage. In summary, the new F-1 provides a reliable and effcient shooting experience, the Contarex provides a 100% originality and nostalgic feeling. Last word, dont use F-1 for modification as the battery is not available, even you can find battery of the same size, the voltage is different, thus the metering is not accurate. Hope this help.

O! Thanks for your information lulube brother!!!

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週三 19 10月 05 00:17:11 

註冊時間: 週二 18 10月 05 23:37:11
文章: 3
引言回覆:

You are welcome! That was my 1st post. hehe.
lulube

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週三 19 10月 05 00:28:31 
事務局長
事務局長

lulube 寫:
引言回覆:

You are welcome! That was my 1st post. hehe.
lulube

o! then I have to say WELCOME!

Try to post some Contarex lens's photo in here la..... :twisted:

回頂端
 個人資料  

顯示文章 :  排序  
發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 16 篇文章 ]  前往頁數 12  下一頁

所有顯示的時間為 UTC + 8 小時

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 65 位訪客

不能 在這個版面發表主題