CONTAX CLUB 會員
CONTAX CLUB 會員

註冊時間: 週五 06 8月 04 02:36:46
文章: 5314
來自: 那星
andy323 寫:
Eng Hun 寫:
...Canon FF-DSLR + ZE...

To be honest, I afford an FF DSLR now but won't buy one until the price dropping below HKD 10,000 (am I insane?)

Life cycle of digital gadgets is so short and tech is ever changing......that said, I know when I should buy one to replace my film cameras and the time is when my cameras are out of function.

I am not insane and I am with you also. So will wait.... 8)

圖檔

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 19 9月 08 18:56:55 
CONTAX CLUB 會員
CONTAX CLUB 會員

Bricks 寫:
一日有菲林出,一日都拍Film, 對Slide 的喜愛是無法取代的!尤其是120
如果早學影相,有黑房的技術,B﹠W會拍更多!
Digital只是招呼家人,朋友,拍活動,去旅行時做Backup罷了!順便拿來做測光試拍! :wink:

I also love 120 silde but too bad that I don't have 120 slide projector! :cry:

圖檔

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 19 9月 08 18:57:51 
CONTAX CLUB 會員
CONTAX CLUB 會員

原明 寫:
我d film機唔捨得賣 :oops:

I do the same and we really have to exercise them from time to time. Otherwise, problem will happen.... 8)

圖檔

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 19 9月 08 19:00:10 
幹事
幹事

註冊時間: 週五 28 11月 03 23:54:34
文章: 13675
來自: Hong Kong SAR
yualbert 寫:
原明 寫:

I do the same and we really have to exercise them from time to time. Otherwise, problem will happen.... 8)

雖然明知會壞, 但係好多機放左成年都冇動過.......

Terry Shum
香港互聯網康泰時攝影會幹事
圖檔 圖檔

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 19 9月 08 19:00:30 
CONTAX CLUB 會員
CONTAX CLUB 會員

jyoung 寫:
Eng Hun 寫:
1. Cheap and good processing lab around the corner.
2. Haven't got the time to learn Photoshop.
3. Film & slide feel are just as good if not better in many ways for travel photography and family photos. High ISO is not very important for me.
4. No good incentive to switch from Contax to some half bake digital solution. Maybe I'll be tempted more with Canon FF-DSLR + ZE. But then again I recently just got a very nice EOS1 film camera set as part of lens deal. So back to #1, why bother with DSLR just yet.

Fully echoed except 1, yet still having 95% of my work on film and slide.

For 1., it is hard to find a good lab now. Do you have any recommendation?

I also experience point 2 and 3.

For 4., I really enjoy using my Canon 40D and C/Y lenses with the adapter. 8)

圖檔

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 20 9月 08 02:10:55 
討論區管理員

註冊時間: 週四 27 11月 03 02:15:48
文章: 3194
來自: Moon Base Alpha
Eng Hun 寫:
3. Film & slide feel are just as good if not better in many ways for travel photography and family photos. High ISO is not very important for me.

I guess that's the dilemma with many as regard point 1 & 2 .... or might be I am just a bit too demanding. But I failed to see any real quality Lab service exist any more in Hong Kong. The inability to provide this backend service pretty much forced me to re-examine the whole hobby and image making process. And on that I've decided that to get quality print, I might as well do it myself whether it be digital or wet darkroom.

Point 2 is in fact more interesting. In fact I hear many time this kind of argument. Of course no one but the one individual alone can answer if one had the time or not, but the interesting bit is the comment about PS. In fact is't not about learning photoshop, but learning how to capture photo digitally instead of on film. The mentality, technique, and consideration are all different and simply require a re-learning of the hobby, art and craft side of it all

As for point 3, again its an interesting bit. I would not dispute the statement, but what we need to examine is what does that statement had as a pre-requisite and when is it valid and when is it not valid. One must justify his or her own decision based on his or her own need and if one want to broaden the scope and capability of what one might be bound by the film, then one had to go back to point 2 and what I just said about it. A kind of round about.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 20 9月 08 10:27:54 
CONTAX CLUB 會員
CONTAX CLUB 會員

Terry Sham 寫:
yualbert 寫:
原明 寫:

雖然明知會壞, 但係好多機放左成年都冇動過.......

唔好唔信X,已聽過好多故事,我現在每兩個月都會郁下所有攝影器材 8)

圖檔

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 20 9月 08 10:29:28 
CONTAX CLUB 會員
CONTAX CLUB 會員

FR 寫:
I guess that's the dilemma with many as regard point 1 & 2 .... or might be I am just a bit too demanding. But I failed to see any real quality Lab service exist any more in Hong Kong. The inability to provide this backend service pretty much forced me to re-examine the whole hobby and image making process. And on that I've decided that to get quality print, I might as well do it myself whether it be digital or wet darkroom.

It is really a sad reality! :(

圖檔

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 20 9月 08 11:12:27 
CONTAX CLUB 會員
CONTAX CLUB 會員

註冊時間: 週六 21 2月 04 12:49:58
文章: 178
來自: Hong Kong
Yes, I do.
When? Always.
Why? No money to back a digital back.
What kind? Anything arise my interest.

*** Quote ***
As digital photography is so common now, I am just curious to know if you still use film. When, why and what kind of photos you take?
*** Unquote ***

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 20 9月 08 13:33:55 
討論區會員

註冊時間: 週日 28 11月 04 23:49:48
文章: 171
來自: 檳城
yualbert 寫:
jyoung 寫:
Eng Hun 寫:

For 1., it is hard to find a good lab now. Do you have any recommendation?

I live in Penang, Malaysia, which is at least a couple of hours direct Cathay flight away. I go to the same labs as Mr Pang. Let me know if you happen to be in town :)

My days with film is numbered but I just don't know how soon. Slide and b&w are no longer developed in small volume (like < 10 rolls) . One day the labs that I frequent will stop developing film due to business reason and/or unable to maintain the same quality. At that time I will migrate over to FF DSLR, perhaps EOS-*d Mark IV by then.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 20 9月 08 14:29:03 
討論區會員

註冊時間: 週日 28 11月 04 23:49:48
文章: 171
來自: 檳城
FR 寫:
Eng Hun 寫:

Point 2 is in fact more interesting. In fact I hear many time this kind of argument. Of course no one but the one individual alone can answer if one had the time or not, but the interesting bit is the comment about PS. In fact is't not about learning photoshop, but learning how to capture photo digitally instead of on film. The mentality, technique, and consideration are all different and simply require a re-learning of the hobby, art and craft side of it all

As for point 3, again its an interesting bit. I would not dispute the statement, but what we need to examine is what does that statement had as a pre-requisite and when is it valid and when is it not valid. One must justify his or her own decision based on his or her own need and if one want to broaden the scope and capability of what one might be bound by the film, then one had to go back to point 2 and what I just said about it. A kind of round about.

I agree with your opinion. In fact there's nothing stopping me now to learn & do creative Photoshop on film output. Like you said it's a choice. And at the end of the day it's just a set of tools.

A skilled 雲吞 noodle maker can hand made noodle with hands and relatively simple tools. The same master can also learn how to operate and tune highly automated machine to manufacture consistent & probably equally tasty noodle. It's a choice.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週三 01 10月 08 20:47:51 
討論區新手

註冊時間: 週二 05 4月 05 22:50:32
文章: 47
來自: HK
May be a little late to response.

Still film most of the time but I have a Ricoh GRD for snap. Can't stand the annual replacement of DSLR although someone takes the replacement cost as that for film purchase.

Camera and lens are just tools. As long as they still serve the purpose, see no point to change it as I use them for sheer leisure fun.

There is no point to defy the coming of the digitals. Riding horses have been for thousands of years but yet ............

It's inevitable that film will fade out one day. Before that day comes, I am pleased to keep this great tool accompany, having serve mankind for over a hundred years, in its last decades.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週四 16 10月 08 00:12:11 
討論區新手

註冊時間: 週三 24 5月 06 12:34:40
文章: 43
I have a few rational reasons to keep me shooting film

1. to have Slide show on projector, it is cheap to do the slide way.

2. Full film Range finder, My Leica M3, contax G2 to my Lomo LCA are all full film, while the best digital RF Leica M8 are 1.3x

3. 1950's voigtlander use film, so i have to use film when I want to have intimate relationship with them.

4. My 1000JHKD 6x9 folder camera still blow your top 1Dmk3 away.

but I still HAVE to shot digital when

1. Shooting 5FPS when chasing Leopard hunting in Africa as well as all the fast action, i don want to make my wallet thin with film.

2. Shooting MM with lots of spots, photoshop is still the best cosmetic.

3. when using photo as a pure recording tool, to communicate with other within the shortest period of time.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 17 10月 08 20:02:27 
討論區管理員

koppie 寫:
I have a few rational reasons to keep me shooting film

1. to have Slide show on projector, it is cheap to do the slide way.

2. Full film Range finder, My Leica M3, contax G2 to my Lomo LCA are all full film, while the best digital RF Leica M8 are 1.3x

3. 1950's voigtlander use film, so i have to use film when I want to have intimate relationship with them.

4. My 1000JHKD 6x9 folder camera still blow your top 1Dmk3 away.

I think its more like technical limit rather than rational reason instead. in fact that is the key reason for many. Though still, I think point 4 is irrelevant. I simply do not think the 6X9 folder can shoot at the speed and reach of any DSLR , not less the 1D-III. I keep hear people compare image fineness between varsely different system, if so, then why aien't we all shooting 8X10 instead .... LoL

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 17 10月 08 20:10:28 
討論區管理員

Well sad to report this, but today I goto several PRO lab to collect a number of large print ( most from film, some from digital ). I cannot believe it when I go back and examine them against my own print at home.

Let's just say, even paying the top rate, the print is way off and especially the B&W is just dismal. I guess they just set the machine on Auto contrast and Auto Curve correction as my highkey photo all suddenly go a lot darker, and my low key ones all turn to gray !!

With this kind of D&P service, how can one expect customer to remain buying into the commodity and service ...

回頂端
 個人資料  

顯示文章 :  排序  
發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 35 篇文章 ]  前往頁數 上一頁  123  下一頁

所有顯示的時間為 UTC + 8 小時

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 19 位訪客

不能 在這個版面發表主題
不能 在這個版面回覆主題
不能 在這個版面編輯您的文章
不能 在這個版面刪除您的文章

搜尋: